Requirements for the Position of
Arts & Sciences Officer
If you are interested in becoming an Arts & Sciences Officer for you bArony, Shire, Canton or College, please refer to the A&S Handbook for more detailed information. There are certain requirments for holding the office, and importantly, keeping our Royalty and Peerage informed about eh artistic / scientifice endeavours in Lochac.
In brief, and A&S Officer is required to: :
- be a current, paid member of the SCA
- be warranted (rostered) for a term of 2 years
- send a report (4 per year for Baronies / 2 per year for Shires, Cantons, Colleges) to the Kingdom A&S Officer by the due date. (Reports do not have to be long.)
- run (or organise someone to run) the Kingdom A&S competitions, if the Kingdom Coronation or Crown Tourney is being held in your group and the Kingdom A&S Officer can not get to the event. Please contact the Kingdom A&S Officer for details on this
- be on the A&S officers list, if you have email. This will facilitate communication between Officers
It is recommended that an A&S Officer:
- encourage or organise A&S competitions and workshops in you group
- get reports from workshops and events that hold an A&S competition. This makes life much easier when reporting
- advertise for a successor 18 months after yout ake over. This gives you six months to find one
- ask me for help, if you need it.