Minors have a fascination with games, games are one of the most easiest forms of activities for the minors. You can have a set group game times or provide an area with game boards, playing cards to play and make up own games -
Useful form of activities for minors, use as a class, activity of even as entertainment for the event.
Minors can join in with set A&S at events with their parents. All that needs to be considered is the level of skills - for example if doing an Illumination class, have kid safe paints, brushes & activity sheet. You can encourage youth to join in with A&S by displaying their work and have a comment sheet for feedback.
Use recycled materials. Visit 2nd hand shops, recycle markets to find cheap material & equipment for activities
Set aside an area for Children area - for parents to use and to use for set activities session. You don't have to provide an activity by setting up an area the children will use this as a hang out, plays some games & parents of smaller children can use this area for their children to explore. Make up a toy/activity box for your group. Fill it up with pencils, simple board games, some craft materials etc. Place this box in the youth area. The minors will find and make use of it.
Youth Activity Hints
Finding successful activities for this age bracket can be hard.
How can we use the teens?
- Allow them to organize the Youth Tourney or a class
- Water barrier for battles, tourneys or wars
- Design/make archary targets
- Help out with set up & pull down etc
- If the teen/youth is good with a camera, he/she can be the offical
photographier for the event
Many sports played today are modified sports played in the Middle ages. Nobles & Villagers
enjoyed a wide range of sports. We can aim to use these sport for this age range.
- Medieval soccer - A form of soccer was played by kicking a large ball
- Pitching Quoits - This is an early version of horseshoes where players would pitch
a metal or rubber ring over a pin in the center of a patch of clay
- Skittles - An early form of Bowling
- A primitive form of badminton with a ball and paddles
- Stoolball - medieval cricket
Just for the Teen/Young Adults
Children's Deputy of Lochac