From the Kingdom Seneschal
Warm Greetings to all of Lochac, from Catherine de Arc, Lochac Seneschal!
Shire of Agaricus - Lyndsay Schierini, April 7, 2013
Shire of Dragon's Bay - Robert Leffan of York, May 20, 2013
Canton of Mynydd Kynghordy - Radulf Dimichevaler, May 1, 2013
Canton of Oxington Chase - Dareios Rossos the Vigilant, May 7, 2013
Barony or Mordenvale - Lillian d'Ath, June 1, 2013
New Kingdom Officers:
Rapier Marshal - Everard Sefar, April 1, 2013
Currently Under Comment for handovers in July:
Chirurgeon - Clara Bone-Aventure
Earl Marshal - Cornelius von Becke
Lochac continues to grow. Australian memberships are up 7.5% from 1437 in March 1545 in June. New Zealand memberships are up 9%
from 144 in March to 157 in June but still not back to their peak of 169 shortly after the Christchurch earthquake. Overall that's
a 7.7% increase for the Kingdom from 1581 in March to 1702 in June.
Groups over 150
Groups over 100
Fun Stats for the Quarter:
26% of Australian members are authorised for something marshal. 75% of authorised people in Australia are members.
Crown Event Bids
Bids for November Crown 2014 close at the end of September. Bids for Twelfth Night 2015 close at the end of November.
Good Things That Happened:
- The New Zealand Registry website has been redone by Lord Nicodemus Novello, following the successful transition of the Australian Registry.
- The Crown Event Handbook has been updated to reflect current rules and it now has pro forma bids and reports.
- The New Group Guide has been updated and changed substantially.
- The Dispute Resolution Handbook has been updated to include the new section on mediation.
- The event database is up and running thanks to Lord Edmund Kerr. The steward submits an event proposal and the system notifies the seneschal
of the hosting group (or sponsoring group if the hosting group is incipient) who must then login to the database to approve the event. If they
change anything the steward is automatically informed. Once the event is approved the seneschal can choose to send the information to Pegasus, the
Kingdom's online calendar and the Kingdom's Announce mailing list. I'm hoping to get the option of emailing the details to others (like the local
chronicler and webminster) added.
- New guild guidelines are in place. They should make it easier for guilds to keep themselves running.
- Society released the new Kingdom Seneschals Handbook (renamed from the Society Seneschals Handbook).
- The US has returned most of our donation for the lawsuit and that should be distributed to local groups who contributed soonish.
- The Stronger Kingdom Fund contributed to bringing Sir Mari to Festival to teach. Her classes were well received. The Stronger Kingdom Fund has
not yet spent its budget for the year so Lochac has money waiting to help your group bring in the experts it needs.
Good Ideas and Things to Try
- A newcomers CD. Cheaper than printing and fits more stuff.
- A "how to write your name the way your persona would have" calligraphy class.
- Bring out your dead days. Bring out those A&S projects you know you'll never finish and swap them with other people who might.
- A&S night show and tell. Have one or two people show everyone what they're working on or have done, just like you did in primary school.
- Challenge yourself or your group to complete an unfinished project by X event.
- Look at sharing your really big demos between groups. It's not as much work if one group does Saturday and the other does Sunday.
- Online notebooks on your group's website where the group officer can make to do lists and wish lists and notes of things they think their successor will want to know.
Catherine de Arc
Pelican, Baroness, Cockatrice, Prometheus, Taillefer, Rose Leaf, AoA
This page is maintained by the Publications/Technical Deputy to the Kingdom Seneschal
Comments or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Site design: Lord Ronan mac Briain